Sunday, March 5, 2017

Sweet Learning

Prompt: Choose one of your classmates in this room to write about. Each person will have a different one, so as soon as you choose come let me know--first come, first served! Write about that person in whatever way you wish--it can be a poem, prose, song, anything you want. We are going to present these to the class, and the class is going to have to guess who it is that you are talking about, so make sure you do not incorporate their name into your writing! Make it as descriptive as possible so the class can guess, but don't make it too blatantly easy!

My Example (A Poem About Cierra):

This girl is an outsider, just like me
But that doesn't mean she has no English glee
She takes the course with such ambition
Learning more about education is her mission

Let me tell you, this girl can write
I can see a future in publishing that's bright
She's an English major, with some psych
And she can answer questions so quick and catlike

I look to her when I am at all confused
And she answers my questions without leaving me bruised
She's kind, she's caring, and she's eager to learn
With her demeanor, your respect she earns

I don't know her at all outside of class
But I get excited when walking we pass
She puts me at ease, she won't let me get lost
And I'm pretty happy our paths have crossed.

I'm pretty sure she works in Cooper
Which in my book makes her quite the trouper
I know she reads a lot more than I
With her major, I understand why

She's pretty smart, I learn a lot from her
Even when the rest of the class feels like a blur
I'm guessing the subject of this you now know
But if you need a hint, she sits in my row.




No comments:

Post a Comment